Friday 18 March 2011

I went to gym last night.

And so follows my treadmill television watching machine experience.
a
CNN: The UN members were chatting about Libya and then all walked out of a building, 
one after the other. They obviously aren't friends. There was this one man that walked out, 
lifted his hand, gave a cursory nod and a little 'hello', as if he'd seen himself on tv walk 
out of this building before and thought he (and everyone else) looked like a nonce because 
they didn't acknowledge the MASSIVE MOB of journalists and cameras and so thought to 
himself, well I'm just going to wave and say hello and look like a regular person instead of 
a robot but really I'm sure he watched it this time and realised he looked like a nonce 
anyway. Anyway, it worked. I liked him better than the other blokes.
a
Memorable quotes: Hala Gorani, speaking to a correspondent - "Thank you, uh, for joining 
us, uuh, this, uuuuh, evening."


Boomerang/Cartoon Network: Tom & Jerry. Anyone else think that black Southern 
maid's a little bit racist? 


VH1: I watched the group members of Yes (of 'Owner of a Lonely Heart' fame) appear 
and disappear - as if by MAGIC - atop a city high rise, taunting and eventually driving an 
innocent man to his suicidal death plunge. (Man/puppet, let's not fuss facts.)
a
followed by
a
Alanis Morissette, dressed like a twenty-something covering Crazy. She says seventy like 
'savaantie'. Seems to have gotten a hair job. It's cut. Conditioned. And huge. It's huge. ... 
don't think she works without the hippy hair. And the youth. A little too much Sheryl 
Crow. Oh God and how it all ends - 'Let me walk through a crowded party pushing past 
people that don't acknowledge me making them all look like assholes and me the tortured 
genius when actually I'm the asshole because I've paid all these people to be here.' What 
are you thinking Alanis?! You can't beat Seal! Seal with his black leather and his white coat 
and those dreads and that gap between his teeth and his dove - his MOTHERFUCKING 
dove on the red couch in the white room with the fake snow!
a
That said, I like Alanis Morissette. She was great in Weeds.